This healthy banana bread is a staple in our house. Using banana flour, which is high in resistant starch and low on calories (and GI), we've been able to make a banana bread that tastes amazing. This banana bread is unbelievably delicious. Everyone comments about how sweet it is, even though it uses only bananas as a sweetener and the main ingredient is zucchini!
- 1 cup banana flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 small/med grated zucchini
- 1 small/med grated carrot (optional)
- 4 extremely ripe banana (the more ripe the better for sweetness)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 - 2 tbsp of coconut oil (optional for a more moist/wet banana bread)
- 1 - 2 tbsp coconut nectar (if bananas aren't ripe enough and you want it sweeter)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Blend all ingredients together stirring through grated zucchini and carrot last.
- Pour mix into a bread tin lined with baking paper or muffin tray greased a little with coconut oil to stop sticking.
- If using a muffin tray, bake on 180°C for 20 - 30 minutes.
- If using a bread tin, bake on 180°C for 30 - 40 minutes.
- You will know it's ready when a knife inserted comes out clean.
Little people LOVE this banana bread and it's so good for them!!!