Healthy Chicken Nuggets Recipe
Chicken nuggets, every kids favourite in their happy meals. Now, you can make them at home and they don’t need to be limited to 6. Give them as many as they want because they are healthy!
(makes around 20)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Mix coconut flour, shredded coconut and sea salt together in a bowl.
- Beat egg in separate bowl.
- Dip the chicken cube in egg, then roll in dry mixture.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add coconut oil when hot.
- Pan fry nuggets until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with some Healthy Junk tomato sauce
The following nutrition comparison is for a 6 piece pack.
This Healthy Chicken Nuggets recipe comes from the first Healthy Junk cookbook.