Healthy Chocolate Crackles (awesome for birthday parties!)
Last week was Alexis' birthday party, and many people always ask us how to make a birthday party for kids healthy, without being lame... Like carrot sticks and broccoli and pieces of chicken. We've done that. People left very fast.
So we decided to recreate some party favourites, but with healthy ingredients. Here's one of our favourites:
Mixing rice crispies with chocolate has always been a party favourite, except that about 5 minutes later, the kids are uncontrollable...
Mitigate the madness with this delicious recipe, and keep your hair in your head!
How to make:
- 1Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and spoon into cupcake papers.
- 2Put in fridge for 30 minutes to allow to go hard.
Activating nuts and seeds:
Seeds are like potential, once you water them, they change state from seed to tiny plant. Activating seeds is just getting the seed to a point that it is about to shoot and then eating it.
To do so, just soak your seeds or nuts in water and keep rinsing until you see little shoots appear. Dry out in the sun or in the dehydrator.
Activated buckwheat tastes a million times better than unactivated. Try it for yourself.
That was pretty vague, so here is the more accurate version:
- 1Soak a cup of buckwheat in water in the morning.
- 2At lunch, replace the water.
- 3At dinner, replace the water again.
- 4In the morning, they should be activated!