Healthy Chocolate Recipe
Seriously, chocolate. It tastes exactly the same, it has the same gentle, fine crumble that chocolate has, but we’ve managed to make it without sugar, without milk and without guilt.
And it’s easier to make than sneaking one into the trolley without the check-out boy looking at your stomach!
If you prefer milkier chocolate (not so dark tasting), decrease the amount of raw cacao powder used.
How to make:
- 1Melt cacao butter in a small, dry metal or glass bowl over a saucepan of simmering water - or in your thermomix.
- 2Once melted, remove from heat and whisk in cacao powder, coconut nectar, salt and vanilla seeds.
- 3Fill chocolate moulds with mixture.
- 4Refrigerate until set.
- 5Hide it from the rest of the family (you’ll want it all). But you don’t need to hide yourself while you eat it anymore. This chocolate can be eaten outside of the pantry cupboard!
Have a Thermomix?
Here is the conversion for you:
- 1Make sure your Thermomix is completely dry! No water in it at all.
- 2Weigh in 70g of cacao butter and blend at speed 9 for 10 seconds to chop it in to fine flakes.
- 3Melt cacao butter in on temp 50, speed 2 for 3 minutes.
- 4Once melted, add in cacao powder, coconut nectar, salt and vanilla seeds from your pods. (You can also use vanilla powder or paste here.)
- 5Blend on speed 5 for 1 minute so everything is mixed well.
- 6Fill chocolate moulds with mixture.
- 7Refrigerate until set. Freezer works too.