Healthy (but delicious) Carrot Cake
mmmm, just look at that picture of our healthy carrot cake. It looks so naughty, and we can tell you that the icing has just enough crystallisation to feel like a very-bad-for-you cream cheese icing.
Bake one of these for a work birthday and you'll be a hit. Not only does it taste good enough the new guy will love it, but it will be so healthy that the perpetual dieter can have some without kick starting a 2 day food bender. Seriously, try it. It will be weird because you'll want a second slice, but you won't have to have that dollop of guilt with it.
How to make:
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Grease a small round cake tin lightly with some coconut oil and line with non stick baking paper.
- 3Mix all ingredients except carrots and pepitas in a large bowl or blender.
- 4Now gently stir in grated carrot and pepitas.
- 5Scoop the mixture into the cake tray. Filling it to the top as your cake will not rise much.
- 6Bake for 35 – 40 minutes
- 7Set aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
- 8Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 1Place the goats ‘cream’ cheese, coconut nectar and vanilla in a bowl. Use a wooden spoon to mix until well combined.
- 2Spread the icing over the cooled cake.