Healthy Junk Anzac Biscuit Recipe
You don't need to make them as thick, in fact I make mine as a slice:
I've adjusted the recipe so it's a carb load feast and super easy to eat - check it out:
- 50g coconut oil* (or 120g grass fed butter)
- 140g banana flour (or 60g coconut flour and 90g tapioca starch)
- 100g rice malt syrup or coconut nectar
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 70g coconut sugar (or rapadura)
- 100g rolled oats (or quinoa flakes)
- 50g shredded or desiccated coconut
*If using coconut oil, you'll need something else to make it bind. I use an egg, or half a banana.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (350°F).
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Scoop bikkies onto a lined baking tray. (Make sure you squeeze each biscuit together well with your palms.)
- If you're lazy like me, just make it into one big ol' slice, put a second piece of baking paper on top and flatten it with a BBQ flipper. Take the top piece of baking paper off once you've flattened it.
- If while flattening it any rides the edges, you're just going to have to eat it...
- Put in oven for 8 - 12 mins depending on oven and how thick you make them. They should be golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before eating as they will crumble.
Have you got Healthy Junk 1 and 2 yet?
50 more junk foods made healthy, just head on over here to get your copy!