Healthy Lamington’s Recipe
Lamingtons, the food of royalty.
How to make the sponge:
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (335°F).
- 2Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- 3Pour mixture into a greased pan.
- 4Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- 5Turn the sponge cake onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 6When the sponge cake has cooled down, cut into the size lamingtons you want.
How to make the icing:
- 1Mix all ingredients (except shredded coconut) in a bowl.
- 2Spread a thin layer of chocolate icing on all sides of each lamingtons.
- 3Sprinkle shredded coconut on all sides before putting in the fridge to cool and set.
The sponge will not rise much, how it goes in the oven is how it comes out of the oven.
Depending on your brand of coconut flour, your mixture can be crumbly before it goes in the oven.
If so…. just keep adding water until it comes together. Add about 1/2 cup at a time and them stir until you have the right consistency. This is why we prefer banana flour now!