Healthy Lasagne Recipe
How to make the Mince Layer:
- 1Sauté the onion, garlic, carrot and mushrooms in a little olive oil over medium heat until softened.
- 2Add the beef and cook for 5 – 10 minutes until browned.
- 3Stir through the tomato paste and cook for about 3 minutes. Add tomato and paprika.
- 4Cover the pot and cook over a low heat for 30 minutes until the sauce is thick and rich.
- 5Season to taste and set the pot aside.
How to make the Cauliflower Layer:
- 1Blend cauliflower and 2 egg whites together until it’s a puree and then stir through fresh basil and parsley.
How to make the Eggplant Layer:
- 1Pan fry eggplant pieces in a pan for 1 minute in olive oil with a sprinkle of salt and pepper before layering in lasagne.
- 2In a baking tray or lasagne dish, start layering the eggplant, then mince, then cauliflower sauce.
- 3Keep layering until you fill baking dish, finishing with cauliflower sauce on top.
- 4Cook in the oven at 180°C (355°F) for 40 minutes.
- 5Garnish with fresh basil and a few cherry tomatoes.