Everyone loves lollies and we were guilty of giving them to our now 18 year old when he was a child.
At the time we knew no better and just wanted to give him what he loved. So with our youngest kiddies we have learnt so much that we wanted to create our own lollies that we can make at home.
We re-engineered lollies to be good for you and your kids, without all the nasties. We have taken the hard work out for you!! Enjoy our delicious lollies in your home!
- 1 cup freshly squeezed juice of choice
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp coconut nectar
- Gelatin (read the packet for how much)
- In a medium saucepan bring juice to a boil.
- Allow to cool for 3 minutes, then stir in lemon juice and coconut nectar.
- Very gradually, stir in gelatin (so it doesn’t go lumpy).
- Allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Pour your lolly mixture into your shape moulds of choice.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours (overnight is great).
- Store lollies in fridge.
S and J tips –
Make sure you strain all of the ‘bits’ out of your juice after juicing. If you want your lollies sweeter, add more nectar.
If you want them chewier add a little more gelatin.
Use a good quality grass fed beef gelatin.