Healthy Onion Rings Recipe
If you’re not into fries, we’ll bet your choice is onion rings. Here’s a recipe that makes onion rings as tasty as their deep fried artery blocking cousins, but without the health risks.
- 2 medium onions
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon all purpose seasoning
- Pre heat oven to 180C
- Slice onions and separate into rings
- Place in a bowl of water
- Mix coconut flour, shredded coconut, baking powder and seasoning together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs in separate bowl.
- Dip wet onion ring in dry mixture, then egg, then roll in dry mixture again
- Place on baking tray and bake for around 10 minutes before turning each ring (or you can just stir them).
- Continue baking until brown and very crispy on both sides.