Healthy Pad Thai Recipe
Because of Julius’ nut allergy, we have always had to avoid this dish (sad, we know). One day we met the lady who owns our local Thai restaurant and she swore that she would cook Julius his first Pad Thai (ooh the excitement) without nuts.
He fell in love with it, just like anyone else who tries Thai.
How to make:
- 1Pulse the sunflower seeds in a blender to break them up.
- 2Pan-fry them in coconut oil or olive oil until they smell delicious and set aside.
- 3Fry the chicken pieces with the onions, set aside.
- 4Scramble the eggs in the frying pan and pour into the same bowl as the chicken.
- 5Stir fry all the remaining ingredients really fast (they should still be a bit crunchy).
- 6Prepare the fettuccine as described on the packet.
- 7Combine the dressing ingredients in a glass jar with lid and shake.
- 8Combine all the cooked ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- 9Pour dressing over and toss again.
- 10To make it look fancy, put it into noodle boxes that you can buy from a $2 shop.