HealthyJUNK chocolate No Nuts Balls (makes about 35)
- 10 fresh dates (seeds removed)
- 1/2 cup cacao
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 50g cacao butter
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 golden linseeds
- 1/4 hemp seeds (these are high in protein)
- 1/4 sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup Pepitas
- 1/4 cup water or coconut water (optional – this helps bind them of you dates are harder)
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut for rolling the balls
- 1/4 cup of protein powder (OPTIONAL). Use a good quality one. (We use RAW or Natural Evolution brands as they don’t have any junk in them so are ok for kids)
1. Blend all ingredients (except dedicated coconut and water) in a high speed blender. This could take a little while depending on the power of your blender. Ours take 2 mins in Thermomix and I stop it a couple of times to scrap the sides down.
2. Slowly add water if you need it. If mixture is a little crumbly and you want to bind it. This will depend on the dates.
3. Put your desiccated coconut into your container ready for your balls.
4. Roll each ball and add to the coconut.
5. Once all balls are rolled, put lid on the container and shake and turn container gentle.
Store in Fridge.
– you really can change the ingredients up in these. If you have nuts, add some. If you are allergic to coconut than swap it for something else and roll the balls in chia seeds or cacao powder.
-If you want to hide the seeds and make them look like plain chocolate balls, blend all seeds first to a powder and then add and mix all the other ingredients as above.